The Kotli District
The Kotli District is one of the 10 districts of Pakistan’s dependent territory of Azad Kashmir. It is bounded on the north by the Sudhanoti District and the Poonch ۭۭDistrict, on the north-east by the Poonch District of Indian-administered Jammu and Kashmir, on the south by the Mirpur District and the Bhimber District, and on the west by the Rawalpindi District on Pakistan’s Punjab Province. It is the biggest district of Azad Kashmir by population and the second biggest by land area, The district covers a total area of 1862 square kilometers. The district headquarters is the city of Kotli.
History of Kotli District
Other prominent towns are Khuiratta, Nakyal, Sehnsa, and Tatta Paniۭ. There are two theories about the origin of the name “Kotli”. One is that in ancient times Prince Raja Shahswar Khan built a small house here and called it “Kot”, which became “Kotli”. Another theory is that the name is derived from the Sanskrit word Kۭotli which means to reside or to live in. At one time the area was inhabited by the Mangran and Solhan peoples and was called Kotli Solwhan.
In Kotli, the summers are long, hot, muggy, wet, and clear and the winters are short, cold, and partly cloudy. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 37°F to 96°F and is rarely below 32°F or above 103°F.
The best time to visit Kotli in Pakistan is from march until December when you will have a pleasant till very hot temperature and limited till little rainfall. The highest average temperature in Kotli is 39°C in June and the lowest is 18°C in January.
The average climate figure for Kotli is 8,7. This is based on various factors, such as average temperatures, the chance of precipitation, and the weather experiences of others.
Major Language of Kotli District
The common language is Pahari Hindko an Indo-Asian language that differs to an extent from Urdu, the national language of Pakistan.
There are many tribes in Sehnsa named, Gujar, Syed, Sudduzai, Janjua, Rajput, Choudary, Jaat, Awan, Mughals, Malik Awan, etc
Papulation of District Kotli
The total Papulation of District Kotli AJK according to Planning & Development Department Population Census 1998 (million) was 0.563 million and Planning & Development Department Population Census 2017 is 0.774 million.
Education in Kotli District
According to the Pakistan District Education Ranking 2017, a report by Alif Ailaan, the Kotli District stands at number 7 nationally relating to education, with a score of 73.68. The learning score stands at 85.67 and gender parity is at 93.45.
According to the same report, the Kotli District is ranked at 119 nationally, with a learning score of 35.47 and a retention score of 35.36. The learning score is low because of a lack of quality teachers and proper teacher training. The retention score is low because of the low number of beyond-primary schools.
With regard to infrastructure, the Kotli District stands at 154, with a score of 14.14, which is the second-lowest in Pakistan and its two dependent territories. That score shows that there is a serious problem with the lack of basic facilities such as electricity, functional toilets, furniture, and boundary walls.
Here is a detailed list of Educational institute in District Kotli AJK
- GIRLS DEGREE COLLEGE, KOTLI
- GIRLS DEGREE COLLEGE KHUIRATTA KOTLI.
- DEGREE COLLEGE TATTA PANI, KOTLI.
- INTERMEDIATE COLLEGE NAR, KOTLI.
- HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL DHANWAN, KOTLI.
- HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL QUMROOTI, KOTLI.
- POST GRADUATE COLLEGE, KOTLI.
- DEGREE COLLEGE KHUI RATTA, KOTLI.
- DEGREE COLLEGE FATEHPUR THAKYALA KOTLI
- DEGREE COLLEGE SEHNSA, KOTLI.
- DEGREE COLLEGE PANJAN CHAROHI DISTT. KOTLI.
- INTERMEDIATE COLLEGE PANJERA, KOTLI.
- GIRLS DEGREE COLLEGE FATEHPUR THAKYALA KOTLI
- GIRLS DEGREE COLLEGE SEHNSA KOTLI
- GIRLS HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL TATTA PANI KOTLI.
- GIRLS HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL GULPUR, KOTLI.
- GIRLS SCIENCE DEGREE COLLEGE CHAROHI DISTT. KOTLI AK
- HOLY PUBLIC COLLEGE KHUIRATTA KOTLI.
- HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL ATKORA KOTLI
- HAJI MASTER MANGA KHAN GOVT. DEGREE COLLEGE DOULYA JATTAN DISTT. KOTLI
- AL-GHAZALI COLLEGE OF SCIENCES KOTLI.
- UROOJ MODEL COLLEGE CHAROHI DISTRICT KOTLI AZAD KASHMIR
- GIRLS INTER COLLEGE MAJHAN FATEHPUR KOTLI (A.K)
- GIRLS INTERMEDIATE COLLEGE SERI KHUIRATTA KOTLI A.K.
- FATIMA-TUZ-ZAHRA GIRLS COLLEGE KOTLI A.K.
- IBNA SINA MODEL COLLEGE KOTLI
- UNIVERSAL COLLEGE OF MODERN SCIENCES KOTLI A.K.
- NEW AGE SCHOLARS SCIENCE COLLEGE SEHNSA
- GIRLS INTERMEDIATE COLLEGE CHANGPUR KHAWAS KOTLI
- GIRLS INTERMEDIATE COLLEGE SARSAWA KOTLI
- SCHOLARS COLLEGE KOTLI
- KASHMIR HAMALIA COLLEGE HOUSING SCHEME KOTLI
- MIAN MUHAMMAD BUKSH WELFARE ACADEMY PANJAN CHARHOI KOTLI.
- ALQALAM ACADEMY SEHNSA KOTLI.
- MODEL SCIENCE COLLEGE, KOTLI.
- PASBAN SCIENCE COLLEGE KHUIRATTA KOTLI
- BU-ALI SINA COLLEGE OF MODERN STUDIES TATTA PANI KOTLI
- GIRLS INTER COLLEGE DABSI FATEHPUR THAKYALA KOTLI.
- GOVT INTERMEDIATE COLLEGE AGHAR KOTLI A.K
- FARAN MODEL COLLEGE OF SCIENCE FATEHPUR THAKYALA KOTLI AK
- GOVT GIRLS INTERMEDIATE COLLEGE SARHOTA NO. 2 KOTLI AK
- GOVT INTER COLLEGE GULPUR KOTLI
- GOVT GIRLS INTER SCIENCE COLLEGE TERHIAR KOTLI AK
- SIR SYED MODEL SCIENCE COLLEGE SEHNSA KOTLI
- ALLAMA IQBAL PUBLIC COLLEGE SERI KOTLI
- JINNAH SCIENCE COLLEGE TATTA PANI KOTLI
- NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF ADVANCED STUDIES KHUIRATTA KOTLI
- INTERMEDIATE COLLEGE GOI, DISTTKOTLI, A.K.
- GOVT INTERMEDIATE COLLEGE KARALA MAJHAN KOTLI
- NATIONAL SCIENCE COLLEGE SERI, KOTLI AK
- INTERMEDIATE COLLEGE DHAROTI MOHRA KOTLI A.K.
- ARQAM COLLEGE FOR MODERN EDUCATION DAMAS CHARHOI DISTT.KOTLI
- READ FOUNDATION GIRLS COLLEGE KOTLI, DISTT. KOTLI.
- A QUEENS COLLEGE KHUI RATA DISTT KOTLI
- GIRLS DEGREE COLLEGE CHOWK SAHIBAN DISTT. KOTLI A.K
- GUIDANCE GIRLS COLLEGE KOTLI AK
- KASHMIR IDEAL COLLEGE SEHNSA KOTLI A.K
- IQRA COLLEGE OF EXCELLENCE KOTLI A.K
- JAMMU KASHMIR PUBLIC HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL DHANGROAT DISTRICT KOTLI
- MODERN IQRA COLLEGE OF SCIENCES KHUIRATTA DISTRICT KOTLI AK
- GIRLS HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL RAJDHANI KOTLI AK
- READ FOUNDATION SCHOOL AND COLLEGE SENSA KOTLI
- DAISY MODEL PUBLIC SCHOOL AND COLLEGE FATEHPUR THAKYALA KOTLI AK
- AZIZ MEMORIAL FOUNDATION COLLEGE FATEHPUR KOTLI AK
- LEEDS MODEL COLLEGE PANJERA KOTLI AK
- A JINNAH COLLEGE DHAMAL CHARHOI KOTLI AK
- WADI-E-CHINAR PUBLIC SCHOOL AND COLLEGE KHUIRATTA KOTLI AK
- JINNAH PUBLIC SCHOOL AND COLLEGE DARBAR MY TOTI KOTLI AK
- SUNRISE PUBLIC HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL DAMAS DISTRICT KOTLI AK
- SUFFA SCHOOL AND COLLEGE KHUIRATTA KOTLI AK
- KASHMIR INSTITUTE OF MODERN SCIENCES KOTLI AK
- NEW CHINAR MODEL COLLEGE SEHNSA KOTLI AK
- NEW USWA GIRLS SCIENCE COLLEGE POTHA TEH. SEHNSA KOTLI AK
- ZAHAM INTERMEDIATE COLLEGE PALYAT SYEDAN DISTRICT KOTLI AK
- AL-RAHIM MODEL COLLEGE RAHIMABAD PHALNI ANDERLA KOTENRA TEHSIL
- GIRLS INTERMEDIATE COLLEGE NAR KOTLI
- AL ZAITOONA GIRLS COLLEGE OF ISLAMIC EDUCATION HOUSING SCHEME KOTLI
- AL SAFA DAR-E-ARQAM MODEL COLLEGE CHOWKI CHARHOI KOTLI
- SHAEEL MODEL COLLEGE SARSAWA KOTLI AK
- KHADIJA TULKUBRA GIRL SCIENCE COLLEGE KOTLI AK
- PARA GON INSTITUTE OF MODERN SCIENCES KOTLI AK
- GIRLS HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL CHAHWLA DISTT. KOTLI AK
- GIRLS INTER COLLEGE BRATLAH KOTLI
- READ FOUNDATION SCHOOL AND COLLEGE CHARHOI KOTLI AK
- READ FOUNDATION COLLEGE PANJERA KOTLI AK
- HAMALAYA SCHOOL AND COLLEGE PANJERA KOTLI AK
- GIRLS INTERMEDIATE COLLEGE PLAHAL KALAN KOTLI AK
- AL-FATEH PUBLIC HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL BANDLI KOTLI AK
- AL-SUFFA MODEL COLLEGE SARSAWA KOTLI AK
- TAIBA SCIENCE ACADEMY DHANNA KOTLI AK
- PUNJAB COLLEGE KOTLI AK
- HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL PRAHI AMBAN DISTT. KOTLI AK
- HAJI MUHAMMAD SADIQ GOVT. HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL RAJDHANI DISTT. KOTLI
- INTER SCIENCE COLLEGE KHANKA KOTERA KOTLI AK
- KASHMIR MODEL PUBLIC COLLEGE PHALNI KOTLI AK
- BOYS INTER COLLEGE PALYAT SYDAN KOTLI AK
- READ FOUNDATION SCHOOL AND COLLEGE SARSAWA KOTLI AK
- AL-ASR GIRLS INTER COLLEGE NAAR KOTLI AK
- CHIRAGH MODEL COLLEGE KOTLI AK
- OXFORD PUBLIC HIGH SCHOOL AND COLLEGE SERI DISTT. KOTLI AJK
- SUPERIOR MODEL COLLEGE GOI DISTT. KOTLI AJK
- SIR SYED PUBLIC SCHOOL AND COLLEGE MOHRA DHARUTTI DISTT. KOTLI AJK
- GIRLS HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL JUNA DIST. KOTLI AK
- GREEN HILLS PUBLIC SCHOOL AND COLLEGE POTHA TEH. SEHNSA KOTLI AK
- READ FOUNDATION SCHOOL AND COLLEGE FATEHPUR DISTT. KOTLI AK
- BOYS HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL SERI DIST. KOTLI AJK
- BOYS INTER COLLEGE MANDHATER DISTT. KOTLI AJK
- HOPE COLLEGE PANJERA DISTT. KOTLI AJK
- AL-SAMA SCIENCE COLLEGE KHUI RATTA DISTT. KOTLI AJK
- BOYS INTER COLLEGE PHAGWAR MOHRA DISTT. KOTLI AJK
- GIRLS HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL DAHMOL DISTT. KOTLI AK
- BOYS HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL SALOON DIST KOTLI AK
- BOYS HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL DUNGI DISTT. KOTLI AK
- ADAM PUBLIC COLLEGE KHUIRATTA DISTT. KOTLI AK
- GIRLS INTER COLLEGE DHANNA KOTLI AK
- AL-MEHR SCIENCE SCHOOL AND COLLEGE PANJERA DISTT. KOTLI AK
- IDEAL PUBLIC SCHOOL AND COLLEGE KHUIRATTA DISTT. KOTLI AK
- GIRLS HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL ANDERLA KOTERA TEH. KHUIRATTA KOTLI
- BOYS HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL ANDARLA NAR FATEHPUR THAKYALA
- MODEL SCIENCE COLLEGE BHROT GALA DISTT. KOTLI AK
- GIRLS INTER COLLEGE BAL BRAHMANAN DAMAS KOTLI AK
- BOYS INTER COLLEGE KATHAR SEHNSA DISTT. KOTLI AK
- HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL DANDLI DISTT. KOTLI AJK
- BOYS INTER COLLEGE RAJDHANI SOHANA TEH. KHUIRATTA DISTT. KOTLI
- HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL KHORERACHALA DISTT KOTLI AK
- GIRLS INTER COLLEGE TRALA TEH. SEHNSA DISTT. KOTLI AK
- GIRLS HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL DHANWAN DIST. KOTLI AK
- GIRLS HIGHER SECONDARY GHIIAN GUJRAN DISTT. KOTLI AK
- PAK LAND SCHOOL AND COLLEGE KHUIRATTA DISTT KOTLI AK
- SUPERIOR MODEL COLLEGE JANDROT KOTLI AK
- LEADS SCHOOLS AND COLLEGES SYSTEM KOTLI DISTRICT KOTLI AK
- FATIMA JINNAH COLLEE KOTLI DISTRICT KOTLI AK
- MY COLLEGE OF SCIENCES KALADAB DISTRICT KOTLI AJK
- FATIMA JINNAH SCIENCE COLLEGE TATTA PANI DISTRICT KOTLI AK
- PAKEEZA SCHOOL AND COLLEGE KHUIRATTA, DISTT. KOTLI
- SUPERIOR MODEL COLLEGE DABSI DIST. KOTLI
- REHMAN PUBLIC SCHOOL AND COLLEGE MITHI DARA TEH KHUIRATTA DISTRICT KOTLI
- JAMIA ISLAMIA NAZEERIA HAIDERIA COLLEGE BANDALI TEH KHUIRATTA DISTT KOTLI AJK
- PEACE EDUCATIONAL INSTITUE SEHANSA DISTT KOTLI
- TAKBEER MODEL SCHOOL AND COLLEGE PALIAT SYEDAN TEHSIL SEHNSA DISTRICT KOTLI
- READ FOUNDATION COLLEGE GOI DISTRICT KOTLI AJK
- RISES GROUP OF COLLEGES GHOUSIA CAMPUS DISTT KOTLI
- MUHAMMADAN SCIENCE COLLEGE GOI DISTT KOTLI
- AZ-ZAHID SECONDARY SCHOOL AND COLLEGE KOTLI
- THE EDUCATORS COLLEGE KASHMIR CAMPUS KOTLI
- ARFAH INSTITUTE OF MODERN STUDIES TATTA PANI DIST. KOTLI AJK
- RISE FOUNDATION HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL KAJLANI DIST. KOTLI AJK
- BANAH PUBLIC HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL BAROOT GALA DIST. KOTLI AJK
- ARQAM HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL FOR ADVANCE STUDIES REFUGEE CAMP KOTLI SOHLNAN DIST. KOTLI AJK
- KEHKASHAN PUBLIC HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL BINDIAN LASSA KHUI RATTA DISTRICT KOTLI AJK
- NEW MORNING PUBLIC HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL KHUIRATTA DISTRICT KOTLI AJK
- FIKR-E-INSANIYAT INSTITUTE OF MODERN SCIENCES FATH PUR THAKYALA DIST. KOTLI
- KASHMIR MODERN COLLEGE OF SCIENCES AND COMMERCE DIST. KOTLI AK
- GIRLS HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL DHARUTTI MOHRA DISTRICT KOTLI
- MAJOR KHURSHEED (SHAHEED) HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL AND COLLEGE KOTLI
- KASHMIR HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL OF SCIENCES JANDROT DISTT. KOTLI AL
- ZAMAN PUBLIC HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL DEARA JANDROOT DISTRICT KOTLI AK
- GREEN LAND PUBLIC HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL CHOWKI KALAH KOTLI DIST. KOTLI
- OPF school Kotli
- Allied School Kotli Azad Kashmir
- Army public school kotli
- FG public school kotli
- Fauji foundation model school kotli
- University of Kotli Azad Jammu and Kashmir
Administrative divisions of Kotli District
|5. Duliah Jattan|
What is the Dial code of District Kotli AJK?
Kotli (Azad Kashmir)
Kotli(Azad Kashmir) Telephone Calling Dailing Code +92 / 0 574
Phone Code / Dial Code / City Code
Dial Code Pattern ( Within Pakistan )
Dial from Outside Pakistan
Kotli (Azad Kashmir)
The city code or phone code or STD area code or dial code for Kotli(Azad Kashmir) is 574. This code is required when you are trying to dial any fixed landline phone. Before dialing any such line the prefix of the above code must be used to make the correct phone call.
What is the Postal code of District Kotli?
In Pakistan PostCode is a 5 digits code that is normally written at the end of an address which allows automated sorting of mail to a particular post office or Address. A postcode also knows as a Postal code and zip codes.
You looking at Kotli Gpo (Ak) postcode and its use for post office delivery. for more information about Kotli Gpo (Ak) Postcode Check Below Detail
|KOTLI GPO (AK) POSTAL / ZIP CODE INFORMATION|
|Kotli Gpo (Ak) Postcode Type||Delivery Kotli Gpo (Ak) Post office|
|Kotli Gpo (Ak) Postal Code||11100|
|Area Name||Kotli Gpo (Ak)|
|Post Office Name||General Post Office|
|Kotli Gpo (Ak) Post Office Type||Main GPO|
|Post office Address||General Post Office, Pang Piran Kotli|
|Kotli Gpo (Ak) Latitude||33.517|
|Kotli Gpo (Ak) Longitude||73.917|
Which sub-regions are included in District Kotli Here’s the list of sub-regions in Kotli.
|Kotli POSTAL CODE information|
|Area Name||Postal code|
|B AL BRAHMANA||11220|
|KHUI RATTA (A.K)||11200|
|KOTLI GPO (AK)||11100|
|MOHRA SHARIF KOTLI||11180|
Famous places / Tourists Attraction in Kotli District;
Kotli the district’s headquarter is at a distance of 114 kilometers from Rawalpindi/Islamabad via Sehnsa, Holar, and Kahuta with an altitude of 627 meters above sea level It is linked with Mirpur by two metalloid roads, one via Rajdahani (90 kilometers) and the other via Charhoi. It is also directly linked with Rawalakaot via Tararkhal (82 kilometers).
A PWD Resthouse, Tourist Rest House at Sarda, and middle standard hotels in the town provide accommodation facilities to the visitors. It is developing into an industrial city very rapidly. All the basic amenities of life are available in Kotli Town. Bus and wagon transport services are also available. Some private hotels are also available according to the local standard.
Kotli (Kalanjjar) has many alpine valleys: Sahansa, Sarsawa andKhoiratta are marked with the forts, rivers, and streams Melodious folk music embedded in Pahari Raga is the pride of Bannah Valley (Khoi Ratta), Where shrine of Mai Toti and annual horses and cattle’s show adds to the colors of Kotli. Anyone visiting Kotli cannot forget to mention mosques. The design of the hundreds of these mosques is based on & inspired by the design of Hazrat Balmosque of Srinagar.
Bandhore Sharif is a village in Kotli Azad Kashmir Near a historical place Tatta Pani, Pakistan. There is a mosque there and a darbar called darbar e Aaliyah Bandhore Sharif (Hazrat Peer Sayed Akram Hussain Shah) where many people go to pray.
Dandli is a town in Kotli District, Azad Kashmir. It is located 13 kilometers from Kotli. There are many mineral resources in the town Koila, Gandhaik A big hill Arri Gala is located near Dandli. The Dandli area contains the small villages of Gawan, Plung, Gojra Town, Nailan, Gunni.
Dungi is a small town in the Azad Kashmir region of Pakistan. It is about 25 km from Kotli. The road from Dungi leads to Khoi Ratta, a town located near the line of Control between Pakistan and India. Ashay Humane has recently crowned the 800th Nawab of Dhungi
Fatehpur is a town in Nakyal, Kotli District, in the Azad Kashmir, Pakistan. Fatehpur was a part of tehsil Mahnder before independence in 1947. It is located at 33° 38′ 20N 73° 58′ 45E). It is 40 kilometers from Kotli city and 181 kilometers from Islamabad. Due to its high altitude (1524 meters), Fatehpur is comparatively a colder place than the rest of the district.
Gulpur is a town in Kotli District, Azad Kashmir. It is located at 33°26’5N 73°51’40E. It is located southwest of Kotli city and is located on the junction of the Kotli-Mirpur and Kotli-Rawalpindi road. Gulpur is a small town providing for the local villages as well as the residents of a large refugee camp. Gulpur has a historical background. It has a beautiful and historical fort with name ‘Throachi Fort’ that is located in the Throachi village. This fort is 2 kilometers away from Gulpur city.
Gura Balial is a village in the Kotli district of Azad Kashmir, Pakistan. It is located at 33°19’40N 74°4’0E with an altitude of 820 metres (2693 feet). Neighboring settlements include Bindian and Saidpur.
Hajiabad is a town in Kotli District, Azad Kashmir, Pakistan. It is located on the Holar-Kotli road, and is a midway point for the travellers coming from Rawalpindi and Islamabad.
Holar (or Hollar) is a city in the Sehnsa tehsil of Kotli District,of Azad Kashmir, Pakistan. It has a crossing on the Jhelum river, which used to be called Owen Pattan in the princely state of Jammu and Kashmir, but now called Holar Bridge. The Kahuta–Kotli road passes over the bridge.
About 38 kilometers from Kotli ahead, a road leads to Khoiratta. Khoiratta and the nearby area provide remarkable attraction to tourists because of the remains of gardens and fountains of the older times.
Khuiratta and its surrounding areas are very popular among tourists. At approximately a distance of 15 kilometres from Khuiratta is a Kala Karjai vary Beautiful and Place for tourist way going throw a beautiful village Ghaiyi Samryali Hill Kotla kandyal also visiting Points, From four kilometers ahead of Khoiratta is famous shrine of “Mai Totti Sahiba” which is visited by hundreds of people daily. A rest house by the tourism department at Khoiratta is available for tourist accommodation.
shrine of “Mai Totti Sahiba” also known as Darbar Mai Toti. Another known shrine of Baba Ali Lashkar is located at Dheri Sahibzadian. Both the locations are visited by hundreds of people daily. Late Sardar Aziz Ahmed started the construction of one of the biggest hospitals of Azad Kashmir in Khuiratta.
Khuiratta is known for the annual Basakhi (Mela Maveshian). Thousands of people from the Kotli and other adjoining districts and Pakistan attend the festival in spring to watch sports, animal parades, and horticultural displays.
For many years this mela was being held in Dheari Bagh Ground. Lately, it has been moved to Sihoor Beelaa Cricket Stadium as it caused much disturbance to the local residents. This mela lasts for three days; activities include, Neza Bazi, Bazu Giri, bull racing, wrestling, football, and another form of traditional entertainment.
Khuiratta is in an area with a number of natural springs and waterfalls. Several springs emerge from the mountains at Bahees Naraha (Bahee Narrah means 22 natural water springs). In ancient times this was an important Hindu place of worship. Close to Khui Ratta are the Bagh Fatehpur Dehari and Bagh Sain Hazuri. Thousands of people come to the Mai-ka-Makam Shrine (Mai Toti Sahiba), some 4 km from Khui Ratta city, to pay homage to Mai Toti Sahiba.
Tourism is restricted to locals or inhabitants of Pakistan. In order for foreigners to visit they have to obtain a No Objection Certificate (NOC) which if granted is only valid for 4 days. The whole of the Azad Kashmir area is similarly restricted by the armed forces of Pakistan and entrance to the area is marked by signs stating “Foreigners Not Allowed”. Before the cease-fire agreement between Pakistan and India, there were military and civilian casualties.
Kotli is the City of Kotli District, in Pakistan. It lies on the Poonch River, and the river contains several notable waterfalls including the Iala Waterfall near the town of Kotli and the Gulpur Waterfalls at the village of Gulpur to the southwest. As per the 2017 Census of Pakistan, Kotli had a population of 46,907.
The Sehnsa Valley is surrounded by mountains and seems like a cup from an aerial view. In winters the whole Sehnsa Valley is covered with fog and the surrounding hills present an imaginary view because of glittering water flowing down from their tops. Nearby is the scenic area of Bruhian surrounded by Chir (pine) forests. Around bruhian there are langoors [monkeys] peacocks and natives of this area who stick to their traditions as practiced centuries ago.
Atkora is one of the largest villages of Tehsil Sehnsa. The main feature of this village is; it is surrounded by mountains. Nawan Sharif is a valley of Tehsil Sehnsa. In the middle of the valley, there is a Shrine of Baba Sheikh Choor Badshah.
Thousands of people visit this shrine every Thursday and during weekdays in every month from Sehnsa, Kotli, Dadyal, and in different areas of Distt Suddunhoti and Rawalpindi. The village dharyar (Terhiar)is situated on the east bank of river Jehlum on the border of neighboring Pakistan this is a big village. This is on a top hill where some can view Gulpur and Sehnsa town.
Image source P&DD
Other salient features of Kotli District are as below: